[Xastir] tnc.log review for direct stations ?

Curt, WE7U archer at eskimo.com
Thu Feb 24 14:07:36 EST 2005

On Thu, 24 Feb 2005, William McKeehan wrote:

> I have tnc logging enabled for Xastir. I have those for the past 7 days.
>
> I would like to look through those and get a list of all stations that I have
> heard direct during that time. My goal is to see the real range that my digi
> has with the current antenna and then to see how it changes as I change my
> antenna/HAAT, etc.
>
> Has anyone written any perl script or is there a simple regular expression
> that I can use to grep these records from the files to begin my analysis?

It's easier to change your filtering in Xastir itself, zoom out, and
see how many stations are listed on your status line.  No need to
write scripts and such.

Crank up the expire on Xastir to keep stations in the in-memory
database for the time desired.  Deselect the "Select Mine", "Select
Via Digi", and "Select Net" tabs.  Select Stations, probably
deselect Objects/Items.  Zoom out.

The first number out of "19/18627 Stations" tells me that I am
seeing 19 stations on my screen that fit the filter parameters.