[Xastir] network cygwin install

Bill Vodall wa7nwp at jnos.org
Thu Feb 24 20:22:35 EST 2005

> So it's looking like we have a couple of things going on here... 1)NWS win98 pc
> acting weird, 2)my lintronixs install on winxp on my primary desktop is funky,
> 3)I'm currently in the process of loading a 500mhz machine with win98 and will
> probably do a manual cygwin /cvs install tonight just to verify that it will
> work with win98.

Sometimes I think that biorythms affect computers...  I've been fighting with getting
a good Cygwin compile all week.  A clean install seems "funky".

I do two full compiles in a row and it locks up the windows box..  Hopefully it's
something in Cygwin that will be fixed soon and not some weird memory issue with
the new ram I installed.

Let me know what you find and I'll keep hitting it here.

Bill

PS.  I was trying to put Imagemagic in to the basic install but it seems that something
is needed to be compiled in Imagemagic even if the run time package from Cygwin
is installed.  Guess I better try that again too.