[Xastir] network cygwin install

Wes Johnston wes at kd4rdb.com
Thu Feb 24 19:09:20 EST 2005

I picked xastir... didn't realize xastir min was there until I just read this
email from you.  Sure enough it's there but marked as "skipped".

Bill, I was so freaking excited when I tried this 2 months ago, and fell on my
face today... bummer!

Looks like now, at least xastir's not yelling at me for image magick missing...
I went thru the xastir readme.w32 file and manually selected the packages.

Now it's simply telling me that "file format not supported by XPM library:
Online/USRadar.geo" for example.

Just heard from my "other half" hihi on the phone... kc4pl says that his cygwin
CD (of his own making) which didn't work on the NWS PC _does_ work at his
house.

So it's looking like we have a couple of things going on here... 1)NWS win98 pc
acting weird, 2)my lintronixs install on winxp on my primary desktop is funky,
3)I'm currently in the process of loading a 500mhz machine with win98 and will
probably do a manual cygwin /cvs install tonight just to verify that it will
work with win98.

Maybe I can narrow down some of these variables... for example if I know it'll
work on win98, then I know I can isolate theproblem on the win98 machine at NWS
office.

Wes