[Xastir] 2004 Tiger Files

Derrick J Brashear shadow at dementia.org
Sun Feb 27 13:37:47 EST 2005

(http://www.dementia.org/~shadow/PA_Allegheny_County.zip obviously)

> Seems to work fine, here.  Some of the street names are a bit hard to read
> though, even at close in zooms - lots of jaggies and odd angles.  Is there
> anything I can do to adjust that on my end?  I know the angles aren't
> probably going to get adjusted, unless someone finds a way to line up and
> straighten out the three rivers there.  ;-)

Allegheny County is non-Euclidean space, sorry, can't help you. Maybe it
was a poor choice but for obvious reasons I used something close to me to
test (I don't live in Allegheny County, but I work in it, and I can see it
from my house)

Anyway, running the whole country takes 10 hours and 3 minutes on a 3.2ghz
Pentium 4, now that I have a script which works usefully (in csh of all
things) so if there is a need to rerun it, I can just run the commands,
come back in to hours, and have fresh output.

3222 zip files, totalling
1:35pm:shadow at ardara:output:10> du -sk .
9105692 .