[Xastir] GNIS Labels ?

Curt Mills archer at eskimo.com
Sat Jan 1 14:42:25 EST 2005

On Sat, 1 Jan 2005, William McKeehan wrote:

> OK, my modification is simple enough that I can continue to make it myself
> when the map_gnis.c file is updated.
>
> I do agree that it would be nice to have the filter settings in a user
> configurable file, but that is a little above my programming skills in C at
> the moment.

What would be better would be a general system for
defining/modifying such parameters that would work for ALL vector
map types, and of course a subset of these parameters for the raster
map types.

We've put off some of these types of things, assuming that we'd get
started on a new architecture at some point.  A new architecture
would allow us to add a bunch of new features that we've wanted for
a very long time, like separate modules/daemons for data storage,
handling interfaces, and user interfaces.  This would allow us to
have multiple map displays, modules distributed across different
computer systems, persistent data, lots of cool things.

One of these days we'll have to get the ball rolling on that.  I've
been holding off bringing it up until I had more time and Xastir was
more stable.  It's certainly in the stable category now, at least in
my experience.  Time is another matter.

--
Curt, WE7U.				archer at eskimo dot com
http://www.eskimo.com/~archer