[Xastir] GNIS Labels ?

William McKeehan mckeehan at mckeehan.homeip.net
Sat Jan 1 21:00:16 EST 2005

I would love to see the code split to allow multiple clients. The perl
"client" that I recently wrote
(http://mckeehan.homeip.net/amateurradio/APRS/aprstracker.htm) has to
create/decode all of the packets individually; this would have been much
easier if Xastir had a core that the clients could talk to - especially if
that core had a perl object interface associated with it.

This would probably make Xastir a little more complex - especially for the
windows crowd that are unfamiliar with the concept of a core daemon with
multiple clients. I run Xastir on both Linux and Windows.

You may investigate the plug-in method that UI-View uses, if Xastir is split
up, it may be able to have something similar.

Just my 2 cents.