[Xastir] Need direction to use CVS

JR kd1yv at arrl.net
Tue Jan 4 01:16:11 EST 2005

OK, now I am trying to install the fix for the xmp in maps.c.  I've
never used the CVS before, only the stable distributions.  I thought
that I had a clue, but now I need to buy one.  Here's a quarter.

Here is what I have done so far.  All from sourceforge.net

Downloaded and tar unzipped xastir-development 1.4.2 dtd 15 Dec 2004.
 From [cvs]/xastir/xastir/src downloaded maps.c and replaced version in
my xastir-1.4.2/src library.

Configure ran good, but I got a compile error in the make step:
maps.o(.text+0x7299): In function `map_indexer':
: undefined reference to `clear_dbfawk_sigs'

Downloaded the updated versions from the cvs of dbfawk.c and maps.h.
Tried the make again, still the same errors.

What have I missed?  How would I know from the cvs (or elsewhere) what I
have missed (so that next time I won't have to ask this kind of question)?

Thanks in advance,

--
73 de Jim, KD1YV
Jacquie's Movie Picks and Reviews updated as of 15 Dec. 2004 http://pages.cthome.net/kd1yv/