[Xastir] map caching

Dan Brown brown at brauhausdc.org
Tue Jan 4 20:34:12 EST 2005

On Tue, 4 Jan 2005, ke4lkq wrote:

> Date: Tue, 4 Jan 2005 20:20:54 -0500
> From: ke4lkq <ke4lkq at doramefa.us>
> To: xastir <Xastir at xastir.org>
> Subject: [Xastir] map caching
>
> Apparently I don't understand the map caching feature of xastir.  DB4 lib's
> installed and xastir sees them during compile time.  Xatir say's it's caching
> maps but doesn't retreive them from .xastir/map_cache.  When should xastir
> use these maps and is there any special configuration needed to use them
> beside the use of DB4 libs??
>
> Thanks, Vic

There shouldn't be any special configs needed.  Caching works with the
tiger maps, and the tiger maps only, as currently implemented.  You'll see
the effect of caching if you change your current view and then go back to a
previous view.  For example, if you click the Pan Up button and then the
Pan Down button in succession, you should see a map load out of the cache.

This kinda brings up two things which have been on my mind to suggest
as low priority creatures to feap:

first - a "back" button to go back to the previous view

next - instead of just up, down, left, right, panning why not also have
NE, NW, SE, SW as well?

--
Dan Brown
brown at brauhausdc.org