[Xastir] why isn't GNIS in maps directory?

Curt, WE7U archer at eskimo.com
Wed Jan 5 11:38:33 EST 2005

On Wed, 5 Jan 2005, Jason Winningham wrote:

> On Jan 5, 2005, at 10:09 AM, Dan Brown wrote:
>
> > Make a symlink:
>
> I know how to get around it (read README.MAPS), I just don't understand
> why I need to.

Because they are used for the Locate Map Feature function as well.
If they were located just anywhere in your maps heirarchy, Xastir
wouldn't know where to look for them.

Create the symlink into your maps directories somewhere so that you
can use them as maps as well.  It's what I do, and what was intended
originally.

    cd /usr/local/share/xastir/maps
    ln -s ../GNIS