[Xastir] why isn't GNIS in maps directory?

J. Lance Cotton josecanuc at gmail.com
Wed Jan 5 11:39:44 EST 2005

On Wed, 5 Jan 2005 10:16:38 -0600, Jason Winningham <jdw at eng.uah.edu> wrote:

> On Jan 5, 2005, at 10:09 AM, Dan Brown wrote:
>
> > Make a symlink:
>
> I know how to get around it (read README.MAPS), I just don't understand
> why I need to.

Originally, the GNIS files were there for the "Find Location" feature
of Xastir. When Xastir also gained the ability to plot GNIS data on
maps, the simplest way to let Xastir see these new "maps" without
duplicating the file data was to symlink.
--
J. Lance Cotton, KJ5O
joe at lightnigflash.net
http://kj5o.lightningflash.net
Three Step Plan: 1. Take over the world. 2. Get a lot of cookies. 3.
Eat the cookies.