[Xastir] more dbfawk problems

Curt Mills archer at eskimo.com
Fri Jan 7 01:10:18 EST 2005

On Wed, 5 Jan 2005, Tom Russo wrote:

> In reviewing the map_shp.c code, there is some code I haven't quite unravelled
> that is meant to keep map clutter down by changing how often labels are drawn,
> and tons of comments about why it's not quite right yet.  I believe this is the
> root of the problem Jason is seeing, as when I view the output of testawk
> on these shapefiles and with his patterns, dbfawk is indeed assigning the
> correct names --- they're just not showing up when expected.

Hmmm...  I wonder what idiot wrote that code???

Oh yea, it was me!  If I remember correctly it was intended to only
get XX number of labels per line drawn on the map, to reduce clutter
so you didn't end up with a label at every new line segment along
the polyline.

--
Curt, WE7U.				archer at eskimo dot com
http://www.eskimo.com/~archer