[Xastir] maps directory question

Wes Johnston wes at kd4rdb.com
Sun Jan 9 10:37:23 EST 2005

John, I have a solution for you.

First, thanks for pointing me toward a copy of knoppix with xastir preinstalled.
 Granted it is 1.2 version of xastir, but it's perfectly fine.. esp since it has
the sound card and ax.25 stuff ready to go. I'm probably going to tinker with it
and update xastir.

Now, on with gettting your maps....
I have a usb thumb drive with maps on it.
1)Mount that drive by clicking on the "Hard Disk SDA" icon on your desktop
(assuming you booted with the USB drive plugged in)

2)open a shell

3)type EMACS /home/knoppix/.xastir/config/xastir.cnf

4)alter the line 24 that says AUTO_MAP_DIR:/usr/share/xatir/ and instead, make
it say AUTO_MAP_DIR:/mnt/sda1

5)close and save the file in emacs.

6)run xastir.

Wes