[Xastir] Configure Problem

Tom Russo russo at bogodyn.org
Sun Jan 9 14:33:06 EST 2005

On Sun, Jan 09, 2005 at 11:39:11AM -0800, we recorded a bogon-computron collision of the <archer at eskimo.com> flavor, containing:
> On Sun, 9 Jan 2005, colin.g1ixv wrote:
>
> >  I have just downloaded 1.4.2 Jan 8 2005 but have come across a configure
> > problem.
> > When configuring it get to :
> >
> > config.status: creating  /src/Makefile
> > config.status: creating  /src/rtree/Makefile
> > config.status: error cannot find input file:   /src/rtree/Makefile.in
> >
> > and then it returns to a prompt. Looking in the /src/rtree directory no files
> > have been
> > created.  1.4.2 Dec15 2004 configured OK so is there something new in this
> > version I
> > need to be adding libs for?
>
> Looks like the rtree stuff wasn't integrated into the Makefiles
> properly.  Have verified the same error you're seeing.  Should have
> the fix tested shortly.

The fix you made undoes something I did last month.  With the change you made,
the rtree library will now be built even for folks who don't request it.

src/rtree/Makefile.in is built in the bootstrap process.  When I remove the one
I have and rebootstrap, it is created.  Before I made that original change
I tested the build both with and without rtree.

I can't say how the snapshot got created without all the proper Makefile.ins,
but the fix for it was not the right one.  The problem is in the snapshot,
for which bootstrap is supposed to have been run and for which all the
Makefile.ins should already be in place.

Tijeras, NM  QRPL#1592 K2#398  SOC#236 AHTB#1 http://www.qsl.net/~km5vy/
 "When life gives you lemons, find someone with a paper cut."