[Xastir] Configure Problem

Tom Russo russo at bogodyn.org
Sun Jan 9 14:49:52 EST 2005

On Sun, Jan 09, 2005 at 12:33:06PM -0700, we recorded a bogon-computron collision of the <russo at bogodyn.org> flavor, containing:
> On Sun, Jan 09, 2005 at 11:39:11AM -0800, we recorded a bogon-computron collision of the <archer at eskimo.com> flavor, containing:
> > On Sun, 9 Jan 2005, colin.g1ixv wrote:
> >
> > >  I have just downloaded 1.4.2 Jan 8 2005 but have come across a configure
> > > problem.
> > > When configuring it get to :
> > >
> > > config.status: creating  /src/Makefile
> > > config.status: creating  /src/rtree/Makefile
> > > config.status: error cannot find input file:   /src/rtree/Makefile.in
> > >
> > > and then it returns to a prompt. Looking in the /src/rtree directory no files
> > > have been
> > > created.  1.4.2 Dec15 2004 configured OK so is there something new in this
> > > version I
> > > need to be adding libs for?
> >
> > Looks like the rtree stuff wasn't integrated into the Makefiles
> > properly.  Have verified the same error you're seeing.  Should have
> > the fix tested shortly.
>
> The fix you made undoes something I did last month.  With the change you made,
> the rtree library will now be built even for folks who don't request it.
>
> src/rtree/Makefile.in is built in the bootstrap process.  When I remove the one
> I have and rebootstrap, it is created.  Before I made that original change
> I tested the build both with and without rtree.

I've identified the real mistake I made --- not including a "DIST_SUBDIRS"
macro in src/Makefile.am at the time I introduced a conditional SUBDIRS.  So
"make dist" was creating an empty subdirectory for rtree.  I've committed
the fix, and Curt will regenerate the 1.4.2 distribution tarballs.

Tijeras, NM  QRPL#1592 K2#398  SOC#236 AHTB#1 http://www.qsl.net/~km5vy/
 "When life gives you lemons, find someone with a paper cut."