[Xastir] Configure Problem

Curt Mills archer at eskimo.com
Sun Jan 9 15:15:19 EST 2005

On Sun, 9 Jan 2005, Tom Russo wrote:

> The fix you made undoes something I did last month.  With the change you made,
> the rtree library will now be built even for folks who don't request it.
>
> src/rtree/Makefile.in is built in the bootstrap process.  When I remove the one
> I have and rebootstrap, it is created.  Before I made that original change
> I tested the build both with and without rtree.
>
> I can't say how the snapshot got created without all the proper Makefile.ins,
> but the fix for it was not the right one.  The problem is in the snapshot,
> for which bootstrap is supposed to have been run and for which all the
> Makefile.ins should already be in place.

I wrote a Perl script that does the entire build process for me,
starting with a checkout from developer's CVS.  It runs bootstrap
and configure, then creates the .tgz file.  It misses the rtree
directory entirely.  No changes to the build script have been made
in months.

--
Curt, WE7U.				archer at eskimo dot com
http://www.eskimo.com/~archer