[Xastir] UDP frames

J. Lance Cotton josecanuc at gmail.com
Mon Jan 10 17:03:19 EST 2005

On Mon, 10 Jan 2005 13:48:55 -0800, Bill Vodall <wa7nwp at jnos.org> wrote:
> Hmmm.   Taking this a bit further.  Won't an 802.11x device have to be
> in ESS (peer-to-peer mode) instead of IBSS (controlled by an Access Point)
> before it can pick up raw UDP packets?    This shouldn't be hard to test..

Yes, I think so. And furthermore I think that the "ssid" for the
ad-hoc mode would need to be the same for all users wishing to hear or
have their data be heard. If this isn't right, please let me know...
--
J. Lance Cotton, KJ5O
joe at lightnigflash.net
http://kj5o.lightningflash.net
Three Step Plan: 1. Take over the world. 2. Get a lot of cookies. 3.
Eat the cookies.