[Xastir] GDAL and ImageMagik support for Xastir

Jason & Kim Conolly conolly at ieee.org
Mon Jan 10 19:30:27 EST 2005

I have finally succeeded in getting a "good" Xastir install with Cygwin
(thanks primarily to help from the Lintronix site, now referenced in the
Readme.W32 file).  I can get Cygwin up and running, and run a basic
configuration of Xastir.

However, I have not had any luck building Xastir with support for
ImageMagik or GDAL.  I am using (presumably) current versions of both.
Perhaps this is the problem?  Do I need to locate and install the older
versions specifically listed in the Readme, or should I expect any more
recent versions to work?  I am trying to compile Xastir with GDAL 1.2.4
and ImageMagick 6.0.4.

The Readme.W32 identifies ImageMagick 5.5.3 and 5.5.7 as tested with
Cygwin.  It also calls out GDAL 1.2.0b.

Should I keep trying to work with the newer versions?

I did notice that the "recommended file list" for Cygwin has added a few
new libraries.  Is this likely to be my problem?  I am using a complete
file set from the Readme as it existed 11/15/04.

Thoughts?

73,
Jason / N7IME