[Xastir] Device loses connection

Curt, WE7U archer at eskimo.com
Tue Jan 11 18:22:48 EST 2005

On Tue, 11 Jan 2005, JR wrote:

> I have been having problems with my Internet connection having
> intermittent dropouts.  Even though the connection is restarted (either
> by the router or by me), the Xastir Interface Control does not seem to
> restart the device.  If I open the dialog and click start, everything
> resumes, but I may have hours of missed messages.  The message on the
> Interface Control is DEVICE 0 Error:  Internet
> Server:newengland.aprs2.net:10152
>
> I can't say for certain, but I don't remember this happening when I was
> running 1.4.1 stable.  I pulled the cvs of 1.4.2 a week or so ago, and I
> think that the behavior started after that.
>
> Does anybody else experience this?

I am constantly testing the reconnect feature, and it's still
working for me.

Check that the Properties dialog for that interface still has the
"Reconnect" box checked.  Xastir should check once every two minutes
on a downed interface if that box is checked.

It's possible that you're having DNS problems and Xastir can't find
the IP address to connect to.