[Xastir] hit and run packet

Curt Mills archer at eskimo.com
Thu Jan 13 01:44:58 EST 2005

On Wed, 12 Jan 2005, Wes Johnston wrote:

> All that's needed on the xastir side is for xastir to sense the connection
> station of the eth0 {or eth1/2/3/4) card and try to reconnect to the normal
> internet server ASAP when a connection exists on the network card.

Couldn't you instead just have the 802.11 software set up a default
route when an open network is found, then Xastir would just be on a
fast retry trying to connect to a server instead of once every 2
minutes as it is now?  Just speed up the timing parameters and it
all should work as-is.

--
Curt, WE7U.				archer at eskimo dot com
http://www.eskimo.com/~archer