[Xastir] hit and run packet

Wes Johnston wes at kd4rdb.com
Thu Jan 13 02:31:58 EST 2005

wouldn't you end up with loads of open dialog boxes that said "hard fail"....
they stack up bad enough at 2mins a pop.

You have a point though... if my local IGATE (kc4pl) were to shorten his dump on
connect time to say, 10 minutes, I'd stay caught up as I travelled from one
hotspot to the next.

Other than the 2 minute retry, is there any way for xastir to know that eth0's
IP address has failed? or has been reinitiated?  Can it trigger someway off of
a hook in a sucessful DHCP assignment?  In other words, if I unplug my cat 5
cable, eth0 fails.  Could xastir know that DHCP requested a new IP sucessfully
when the cable was reinserted?

Wes