[Xastir] Geotiff

N1OFZ n1ofz at arrl.net
Tue Jan 18 11:00:05 EST 2005

Hi guys,

I have recently built libgeotiff from the 1.2.2 source with no
problems.  When I rebuild xastir it does not seem to like my build of
libgeotiff.  I find the following message in config.log:

configure:12858: checking for GTIFNew in -lgeotiff
configure:12889: gcc -o conftest -g -O2 -pipe -Wall
-I/usr/local/include  -I/sw/include
  -I/opt/include  -I/usr/X11R6/include -L/usr/local/lib  -L/sw/lib
-L/opt/lib  -L/usr/X11R6/lib
conftest.c -lgeotiff  -lXpm -lintl -lcurl -lXm -lXt -lXp -lXext   -lSM
-lICE -lX11  -lshp -lpcre
-lproj -ltiff >&5
ld: table of contents for archive: /sw/lib/libgeotiff.a is out of date;
rerun ranlib(1)
(can't load from it)

Any ideas?  I have also done the configure explicitly stating geotiff's
path but it made no difference.

Thanks,
Dana