[Xastir] Snapshot

Curt, WE7U archer at eskimo.com
Tue Jan 18 13:18:01 EST 2005

On Tue, 18 Jan 2005, James Ewen wrote:

> Okay, I'm seeing some strange unexplained behaviour. According to
> the help file, PNG snapshots are taken every 5 minutes, or when
> the Snapshot toggle button is activated.
>
> I'm not getting snapshots taken at 5 minute intervals, nor am I
> getting them when I manually toggle the button.
>
> It looks like the routine works once and then dies.
>
> I do get errors:
>
> convert: Improper image header `/home/jewen/.xastir/tmp/snapshot.xpm'.
> convert: missing an image filename `/home/jewen/.xastir/tmp/snapshot.png'.
> System call return error: convert: /home/jewen/.xastir/tmp/snapshot.xpm -> /home/jewen/.xastir/tmp/snapshot.png
>
> If I delete the files, I get them back, so I am assuming that it
> might be an issue of no being able to overwrite the files. What's
> causing the Improper image header error?
>
> This is with the latest updates running on Cygwin.

There were some recent security updates done to the XPM library and
most things that were compiled to use it.  This is across-the-board
with Solaris, Linux, BSD, Cygwin, etc.

What it looks like to me is that you're running a new version of the
XPM library, where they actually changed part of the API that we
used.  Xastir was updated to change how it called the XPM library to
generate the XPM file.  You probably need to update to the latest
CVS Xastir in order to have this work again.  Same thing for
printing as it uses similar calls.