[Xastir] Problem with gif & xpm maps

Ian A Bultitude ian at bultitude.org
Sun Jan 23 18:48:29 EST 2005

Hello Curt,

Well I do not know what 'Cygwin' is.

On my windows machines I am using Humming Bird Exceed for the Xwindows and Putty for the SSH.
On the Sun system I am using the in built SSH and the CDE desktop.
I get the same problem on all platforms. This evening I have been playing with a Win98 set-up of the windows config but can not
improve on what I have.
I have enabled the European maps which are all *.map files and they work just fine so the problem is only with the *.gif or *.xpm
(the xpm files were derived from the *.gif using Gimp).

I must thank you for your time and help on this. I am a real 'newby' to all this and hopeless at any form of programming so if I
compiled it wrong I would not know.

It's late here now so I'm off to bed now and will have to have another play to-morrow. Do you have MSN or ICQ for a live chat
session?

Regards
Ian