[Xastir] Killed object reborn by xastir

Curt, WE7U archer at eskimo.com
Wed Jan 26 16:36:42 EST 2005

On Wed, 26 Jan 2005, Tapio Sokura wrote:

> Nope. But I do get the disowning line if I first send a live object
> packet from the capturing callsign.

Duplicated it via logfiles and got the same.  Thanks.

> I think the problem might be around db.c in decode_info_field() after
> the comment "special treatment for objects". There data_add is called
> for live objects/items only, killed objects/items get the
> delete_object() treatment that does not check if the object is owned
> locally or not. data_add() does the checks for another station taking
> control of an object and calls disown_object_item() as needed. I guess a
> check for ownership should be added to the deleted item/object part in
> decode_info_field() and if the object was owned by us, then call
> disown_object_item() as well.

Yep.  Was already at the same place and testing a fix.  Committed
now.  Should be on anon CVS within five hours if everything at
SourceForge is working correctly.

> Btw, something unexpected might happen later on if the user creates an
> object that begins with the character ')' or an item that begins with
> the character ';'.

Likely?

> The disown_object_item() object log file
> reading/writing routine checks the character in the first column of a
> line and if that doesn't match, it checks the character in the second
> column. First for objects and then for items. Might be better to move
> the first item check to be right after the first object check..
> Currently if I had a commented out item named ";foo", the "else if
> (line[1] == ';') {" (in util.c the second condition in the
> while(fgets...) loop) would match and I guess that is not the idea.

Ah, I see.  Good catch.  You have a compiler in your brain or
something?  I totally missed that.  Still would if I looked at that
routine 100 times.  ;-)

Fix committed.