[Xastir] Killed object reborn by xastir

Tapio Sokura oh2kku at iki.fi
Wed Jan 26 16:22:25 EST 2005

Curt, WE7U wrote:
> One more item, do you get a "Disowning" line in the xterm when that
> other station sends a kill packet for your item?

Nope. But I do get the disowning line if I first send a live object
packet from the capturing callsign.

I think the problem might be around db.c in decode_info_field() after
the comment "special treatment for objects". There data_add is called
for live objects/items only, killed objects/items get the
delete_object() treatment that does not check if the object is owned
locally or not. data_add() does the checks for another station taking
control of an object and calls disown_object_item() as needed. I guess a
check for ownership should be added to the deleted item/object part in
decode_info_field() and if the object was owned by us, then call
disown_object_item() as well.

Btw, something unexpected might happen later on if the user creates an
object that begins with the character ')' or an item that begins with
the character ';'. The disown_object_item() object log file
reading/writing routine checks the character in the first column of a
line and if that doesn't match, it checks the character in the second
column. First for objects and then for items. Might be better to move
the first item check to be right after the first object check..
Currently if I had a commented out item named ";foo", the "else if
(line[1] == ';') {" (in util.c the second condition in the
while(fgets...) loop) would match and I guess that is not the idea.

   Tapio