[Xastir] IC-706 wiring

Dan Brown brown at brauhaus.org
Wed Jun 1 10:25:01 EDT 2005

On Tue, 31 May 2005, Jack Twilley wrote:

> Reuven Z Gevaryahu wrote:
> > Jack Twilley wrote:
> >

> >>After reading the manual for the IC-706, I've come to the conclusion
> >>that I need to use "RTTY" mode and the RTTY plug to connect to my
> >>sound card in order to use software like Xastir.  Does anyone know
> >>exactly how to wire the plug?  Google searches only come up with the
> >>fact that an answer exists, but not the answer itself.
> >>
> >>Jack.
> >

> > I use the data plug on my 706mkIIG, which I assume is what you're
> > referring to.
>
> Not the data plug, the RTTY plug.

Are you're meaning the 13pin ACC connector?

I have a 706IIg and thought about using the ACC connector, but opted for
the smaller DIN plug based on availability of connctors with pre-wired
cables from used PC junque (mice, keyboards, etc).

The soundcard interface I built also uses modem transformers gacked off of
old PC modems - which I found for less than a $1/ea at a ham fest - cheaper
than radio hack!

--
Dan Brown
brown at brauhausdc.org