[Xastir] IC-706 wiring

Andrew Rich vk4tec at tech-software.net
Wed Jun 1 16:12:35 EDT 2005

This is driving me nuts sorry

1) The 706 has an RTTY port - its a stereo plug that take in logic to shift
the tx using rtty only
2) You should not use the ACC port either
3) Use the data socket, it is designed for AUDIO IN, PTT, and AUDIO out
4) There is NO system in existance that I know of that allows XASTIR to be
used with a sound card
5) Go to a computer store, buy a keyboard extension cable, cut one end off,
and re-wire the other

On the ICOM 706, from the manual,

DATA Socket - Pin 1 AUDIO in, Pin 2 GND, Pin 3 PTT, Pin 5 AUDIO out, Pin 6
Logic Squelch (if you need it)