[Xastir] Shapelib & Cygwin

Gale gdw at kc4pl.com
Wed Jun 1 13:01:48 EDT 2005

How do you get shapelib to "make" properly under cygwin?    I have
installed the latest cygwin (packages per the win32 install notes) and
then downloaded and unpacked the latest shapelib source package for
compiling.  But when trying to do the "make lib" it errors out part way
through the process.  The error seems to be:
 dbfopen.lo: In function 'DBFReadAttribute':
/home/gwilkinson/src/shapelib-1.2.10/dbfopen.c:724:undefined reference
to '__getreent'
/home/gwilkinson/src/shapelib-1.2.10/dbfopen.c:716:undefined reference
to '__getreent'
make: *** [lib] Error 1

As I am not a C programmer, I have no idea what this means!

Any help on where to look for the problem (or better yet, a fix!) would
be greatly appreciated.

    Gale