[Xastir] Shapelib & Cygwin

Steve Friis wm5z at comcast.net
Wed Jun 1 19:14:11 EDT 2005

OK, so I did make the directory, ran the script and that worked ok it
seems.
Then I redid the "./configure" and make and "make install. All seemed to
run without a hitch. However when I now run "xastir &" it breaks. It use
to run before only without shapelib. The error message says"

[steve at Laptop ~]$ xastir &
[1] 9573
xastir: error while loading shared libraries: libshp.so.1: cannot open
[steve at Laptop ~]$

I did a file search and it tells me "link broken" under type, but the
file is there.

I really would appreciate your help fixing this. I would really miss not
having xastir work onthe laptop. I am really new to linux, so don't
understand all the workings of this OS.

Steve/WM5Z