[Xastir] Problems using path WIDE1-1,WIDE2-1

Curt, WE7U archer at eskimo.com
Mon Jun 6 13:07:03 EDT 2005

On Sun, 5 Jun 2005, Patrick Green wrote:

>   Now that the permissions problem is squared away on the serial ports
> comes another issue or a possible bug but it seems intentional.  When
> I use a modified path such as WIDE1-1,WIDE2-1, Xastir refuses to
> digipeat my packet.  No problems when I set it to WIDE1-1,WIDE2-2 or
> WIDE1-1,WIDE3-3.  We need this capability in congested Chicago for
> mobiles as they send more frequently than fixed stations.  I've tried
> WIDE1-1,WIDE3-1 and no digipeat there either.  Same result when
> subbing RELAY for WIDE1-1 in the 1st hop.  Is this a bug or is it
> intentional?

You're talking about Xastir digipeating someone else's packets,
right?  If he feature is available for that type of interface and
enabled, Xastir is intended to digipeat on either RELAY or WIDE1-1.
Current versions of Xastir anyway, old ones just digipeated on
RELAY.

If you're using a fairly recent version and it is digipeating
other's packets as you described, it could be a bug in that code
having to do with detecting multiple N-n digi's.  If so, let me know
and I'll take a look at the code again.