[Xastir] network cygwin install

Bill Vodall wa7nwp at jnos.org
Tue Mar 1 20:16:13 EST 2005

> > PS.  I was trying to put Imagemagic in to the basic install but it seems that something
> > is needed to be compiled in Imagemagic even if the run time package from Cygwin
> > is installed.  Guess I better try that again too.
>
> That's extremely common for ImageMagick, on any platform.  Check

Ok.  I tried including Imagemagick in a clean release build of the stable branch.
Made a fresh install on the other machine and tried running Xastir.  No joy as expected
as it wanted the Imagemagick libraries.   Added Imagemagick to the dependencies
for Xastir and tried another clean install.  This time Xastir came up running.

I enabled Tigermaps, and bugged Curt for the info on how to extend the timeout
on the downloads  (maps - configure - configure tiger) and there was street level
maps straight from the install with no compiling.

I'd appreciate the feedback if anybody trys the network install at

  http://www.lintronix.com/winxastir

73,
Bill

PS.  Don't forget to set MAGICK_HOME=/usr before starting xastir.