[Xastir] network cygwin install

Curt, WE7U archer at eskimo.com
Wed Mar 2 10:59:13 EST 2005

On Tue, 1 Mar 2005, Bill Vodall wrote:

> Ok.  I tried including Imagemagick in a clean release build of the stable branch.
> Made a fresh install on the other machine and tried running Xastir.  No joy as expected
> as it wanted the Imagemagick libraries.   Added Imagemagick to the dependencies
> for Xastir and tried another clean install.  This time Xastir came up running.
>
> I enabled Tigermaps, and bugged Curt for the info on how to extend the timeout
> on the downloads  (maps - configure - configure tiger) and there was street level
> maps straight from the install with no compiling.
>
> I'd appreciate the feedback if anybody trys the network install at
>
>   http://www.lintronix.com/winxastir

Woo hoo!  That's very cool!

My druthers would be that the typical install had libcurl (or wget),
ImageMagick, pcre, dbrawk, and Shapelib support from the get-go.

With that configuration you could do/have:

    Weather alerts
    Shapefile-format maps
    Online mapping
    UI-View map compatibility (assuming Perl was installed).

That'd be one heck of a nice configuration to start from, and all
that most people would need/want.  Well, ok... need.

Whether to install some of the U.S/Canada-specific databases like
the geocoding file, the FCC/RAC callsign databases, GNIS files, or
weather alert Shapefiles should probably be up to the downloader.
Most places in the world would have no use for them.  Probably the
same for audio files.