[Xastir] network cygwin install

Tapio Sokura oh2kku at iki.fi
Wed Mar 2 11:22:26 EST 2005

Curt, WE7U wrote:
> My druthers would be that the typical install had libcurl (or wget),
> ImageMagick, pcre, dbrawk, and Shapelib support from the get-go.
>
> With that configuration you could do/have:
>
>     Weather alerts
>     Shapefile-format maps
>     Online mapping
>     UI-View map compatibility (assuming Perl was installed).

I'd like to see geotiff-support as well. I've used it in xastir running
in cygwin and it works fine. The geotiff-packages are available in
compiled form via the cygwin installer (libgeotiff*).

Oh yeah, someone could also remove those

"Warning: no PCS in geotiff file mymap.tif, assuming map is in lat/lon!"

warnings from stdout/stderr when using unprojected geotiffs that are in
WGS-84. Or is there a better way to get rid of this error?

   Tapio