[Xastir] network cygwin install

Bill Vodall WA7NWP wa7nwp at jnos.org
Wed Mar 2 14:30:35 EST 2005

> > I was thinking that the geotiff stuff was more US-centric, but if
> > it's easy to add in Cygwin, then libproj and libgeotiff are a
> > no-brainer.
>
> They are both available via the cygwin installer and Xastir's
> ./configure finds and includes them automatically, if they are
> installed.

That's the information I'm looking for...  What's available by cygwin
and doesn't require any additional install or compile steps?

My thinking currently is to have 3 install packages.

  xastir-min
  xastir
  xastir-devel

'Xastir-min' is the very minimum to install and run.  It'll be the quickest
download and take the least disk space.   It's a good start.

'xastir' will be the best that can be done -- without having to run other
compiles or manually download external libraries.

'xastir-devel' will be the whole thing.  All the libraries needed to
recompile
xastir and the best executable that's available.   It won't necessarily run
out of the box but all the pieces are there ready to be installed and run.

So here's the tweaks I put in on the compile for plain 'xastir'

   echo "#undef HAVE_LIBGEOTIFF " >> config.h
   # echo "#undef HAVE_IMAGEMAGICK" >> config.h
   echo "#undef HAVE_PROJ" >> config.h
   echo "#undef WITH_DBFAWK" >> config.h
   echo "#undef HAVE_LIBPCRE" >> config.h
   echo "#undef HAVE_LIBGDAL" >> config.h
   echo "#undef HAVE_LIBSHP" >> config.h
   echo "#undef HAVE_LIBSHP_SHAPEFIL_H" >> config.h
   echo "#undef USE_MAP_CACHE" >> config.h
   echo "#undef XASTIR_INSTALLEDLIBS" >> config.

My build system has most everything installed.  Thus I have to pull these
out of the compile.

You'll notice I've just removed the removing of Imagemagick.

Now...   Which others should I be able to turn on and keep xastir
running right from the Cygwin install?

Libgeotiff and libproj?   I think libgeotiff causes a crash when .configure
is
running.   I'll  wait for a bit of feedback here and then give the basic
'xastir'
another build..

Thanks,
Bill - WA7NWP