[Xastir] network cygwin install

Tapio Sokura oh2kku at iki.fi
Wed Mar 2 13:29:45 EST 2005

Curt, WE7U wrote:
> I was thinking that the geotiff stuff was more US-centric, but if
> it's easy to add in Cygwin, then libproj and libgeotiff are a
> no-brainer.

They are both available via the cygwin installer and Xastir's
./configure finds and includes them automatically, if they are
installed. I'm using geotiffs for many local maps that are originally in
a Finnish national projection (PNGs with external calibration
information). With gdalwarp it is easy to accurately transform them into
geotiffs and then use in Xastir. Naturally the quality of the warped
maps is degraded a bit, but I rather have them tell the truth than look
pretty. Also it is not a bad thing to be able to keep the map
calibration information in the same file as the map image itself.

   Tapio