[Xastir] network cygwin install

Tapio Sokura oh2kku at iki.fi
Thu Mar 3 03:24:36 EST 2005

Bill Vodall WA7NWP wrote:
>>>I was thinking that the geotiff stuff was more US-centric, but if
>>>it's easy to add in Cygwin, then libproj and libgeotiff are a
>>>no-brainer.
>>
>>They are both available via the cygwin installer and Xastir's
>>./configure finds and includes them automatically, if they are
>>installed.

> That's the information I'm looking for...  What's available by cygwin
> and doesn't require any additional install or compile steps?

I have packages libproj-devel, libproj0, libgeotiff, libgeotiff-devel,
libgeotiff1, libtiff-devel and libtiff5 installed in Cygwin. I'm not
exactly sure which combination of them you need for a) compiling and b)
running Xastir and which of them are automatically included via
dependencies. And if any other geotiff-specific packages are needed.

At least libproj and libgeotiff are not installed by default by the
cygwin setup program, you have to select them separately in the package
selector.

I just rebuilt the cvs version of xastir and had no problems with it by
saying just "./configure". Compiled in is imagemagick, libproj, geotiff,
shapelib, pcre and dbfawk support.

   Tapio