[Xastir] N2DIY-1

Darryl Gibson n2diy at losch.net
Fri Mar 4 09:54:32 EST 2005

kc7zru wrote:
> Congrats!!
>
> I was just get'n ready to SWAG some ideas at ya. Glad I don't have to now!
>
> what was the key?

RTFM!

I read, and followed the advice in the INSTALL and FAQ docs, but it still didn't work. So I
ate lunch. Then I went back and went over everything a second time, still no joy. So I
rechecked my cabling, and while I'm laying on the floor behind the computer, I realize my
comm ports aren't labeled, and maybe I'm not hooked into ttyS0? So, I moved the plug to the
other socket, and it worked.

Today I'm setting it up on this box, and there is only one available comm port, so I'll be
able to tell you exactly what it was later today.

73

--
Darryl Gibson N2DIY
RLU X 182668/379552

“Arms are the only true badges of liberty. The possession of arms is the distinction of a
free man from a slave.”   --  Andrew Fletcher, A Discourse of Government with relation to
Militias (1698)