[Xastir] messaging

Andrew Rich (VK4TEC) vk4tec at tech-software.net
Fri Mar 4 22:46:12 EST 2005

Hey how the heck do you drive xastir messaging ?

It is the only part that just does not 'sit right with me'

It is good to see one window with whats been sent, being sent

I get different windows for different stations, can not find what I sent
when i loose focus of xastir.

Am i missing something or does this need some work ?

A message window with "MINE" and "ALL" would be cool

Something like

MINE

VK4TEC -> VK4KJP (3)               (retry number up to)
Hello Pete whats new mate ?

VK4TEC -> VK4KJP (Rej)               (Rejected)
Hello Pete whats new mate ?

VK4TEC -> VK4KJP (Ack)               (Successfull)
Hello Pete whats new mate ?

Can you resend a message ?

Can you clear acked messages, just show pending or rejected.

UI-View messaging window is "Almost" close to what we need.

Why would I go to "Send a message to get a message history" - odd