[Xastir] New Xastir binary packages availabe

Jeremy Utley jerutley at gmail.com
Sun Mar 6 14:19:25 EST 2005

On Sun, 06 Mar 2005 08:07:47 -0600, Gerry Creager N5JXS
<gerry.creager at tamu.edu> wrote:
> Jeremy,
>
> Just a thought, but I tend to use GDAL in a number of other applications
> besides xastir.  It's really useful.  Might you consider adding it into
> the mix in the future?

Sure - I'll see if I can't get GDAL/OGR packages, and a new xastir
package up there later today.  I'd also very much like to get festival
support, but there's no Slackware packages for it that I've been able
to find, and docs are scarce for compiling.  If anyone has some
experience compiling a functional festival from source, and could give
me the basic rundown (which packages I need to download of the many on
their site, steps, and so on) I'd worship you for life :)

> Thanks for doing this service.  I think it's a great one!

You're more than welcome - I do it mostly so I can keep as much stuff
as possible within the package manager scheme, and figure if others
can make use of it as well, so be it.

73,
Jeremy, NW7JU