[Xastir] New Xastir binary packages availabe

Curt Mills archer at eskimo.com
Mon Mar 7 04:15:34 EST 2005

On Sun, 6 Mar 2005, Jeremy Utley wrote:

> Sure - I'll see if I can't get GDAL/OGR packages, and a new xastir
> package up there later today.  I'd also very much like to get festival
> support, but there's no Slackware packages for it that I've been able
> to find, and docs are scarce for compiling.  If anyone has some
> experience compiling a functional festival from source, and could give
> me the basic rundown (which packages I need to download of the many on
> their site, steps, and so on) I'd worship you for life :)

I wish I could offer some help there.  I tried several things to get
it to compile from sources (quite a while back), and never got
anything to work properly.  I resorted to finding RPM's that worked,
and have used them since.  My current system at home has no audio
that works after my last SuSE upgrade, and I haven't gone after that
yet either.

Compiling Festival from source is difficult, or at least was back
when I tried it.

--
Curt, WE7U.				archer at eskimo dot com
http://www.eskimo.com/~archer