[Xastir] network cygwin install

Bill Vodall wa7nwp at jnos.org
Wed Mar 9 02:04:34 EST 2005

> > Just did the network install here. XP-SP2 updated. Worked a charm.

Please give it another try.  I've been putting too many ATU's in to WinXastir
and I think I'm finally making some progress.  Lots of little things and hickups
are keeping it challenging and a character building exercise..

Basic Cygwin (touch command) is broken for Win98 right now.  Things like
that don't help.

Bottom line - there's now three Xastir packages available.

  * xastir-min -- the minimum to have a running stable Xastir
  * xastir  -- Stable source with as many libraries and features that can be directly loaded.
  * xastir-devel -- one little script for setting up CVS checkouts but with all the dependencies
required to compile the source.

I'm still tuning the dependencies..   xastir-min and xastir should have just what they
need to run.  xastir-devel should have what's needed to compile Xastir.   Any corrections
to my lists would be appreciated.   I'm pretty sure I can pull some out of xastir-min
and shrink that install a bit.  I'm gong to look at that tomorrow.

> > Only 'gotchya' was an error dialog talking about line 15 in setup.ini
> > after it's downloading from the lintronix site (Parse Error).

I see that sometimes.  Seems to be random.  There's weirdness here.

73,
Bill - WA7NWP
http://www.lintronix.com/winxastir