[Xastir] network cygwin install

Bill Vodall wa7nwp at jnos.org
Thu Mar 10 15:28:41 EST 2005

Ok..  It was a whole list of "somethings."   Cygwin is busted (a little) on Win98.
My local mirror had some corrupt files.  Etc.  A new script to verify the local mirror
and running on the XYL's XP box made a big difference.

It should all be better now.

The plain "xastir" package has been replaced with "xastir-stable".

The "xastir-devel" package adds one script to make setting up CVS
easy and dependencies for all the necessary development packages if
you want to rebuild Xastir on Cygwin.

# from a Cygwin BASH window - after installing xastir-devel
$ mkdir src
$ cd src
$ /usr/local/bin/xastirSetupCVS.sh
# press <ENTER> in response to the login prompt.
# when CVS checkout is done...
$ cd xastir
$ sh bootstrap.sh
$ ./configure
$ make
$ make install

If you to recreate a STABLE build - add the following after the "cd xastir"

$ cvs update -r STABLE

---