[Xastir] move my objects with a click?

Curt, WE7U archer at eskimo.com
Wed Mar 9 12:23:06 EST 2005

On Wed, 9 Mar 2005, Jason Winningham wrote:

> On Mar 9, 2005, at 11:13 AM, Curt, WE7U wrote:
> >
> > Click on the "Move" toggle at the top of the screen, then drag and
> > drop.
>
> that's too easy - got something else? (:

Yea.  Shut down Xastir.  Edit the ~/.xastir/config/objects.log file.
Restart Xastir and the object should appear at the new location.  If
you've added a new line for the object instead of changing the old
position, you should also get a track line between the two
positions.

It can be made much more difficult yet if you're transmitting
compressed objects, as you'll have to convert from your coordinates
to the compressed format for entry into that file by hand.

Note that I'm NOT recommending the above, but Jason asked for a more
difficult method.  That's about the hardest way to do it that I can
think of at the moment.  During testing I have used that method in
order to test various parts of the code, so it has its uses.

> I remember wondering what the button was for, once upon a time....

;-)

There.  Now you have three ways to do it!