[Xastir] does Xastir work with Rascal interface?

Curt, WE7U archer at eskimo.com
Thu Mar 17 11:00:49 EST 2005

On Thu, 17 Mar 2005, Ronny Julian wrote:

> Does it work and if so how?  I have two along with two laptops I'd like
> to get going.

Isn't that just a hardware interface between a radio and soundcard?
Something more?

If it's just an interface doo-hickey (technical term, don't worry
about it), you can run the usermode "soundmodem" driver in Linux or
Solaris, or run AGWPE in Windows to use the soundcard as an
interface, then Xastir can connect to that interface.

Tell us what OS you're using, and if Linux, whether you wish to use
the AX.25 kernel networking (which allows you to share an interface
across multiple applications and do ethernet-like routing of
packets), or whether you just wish to use Xastir talking to one port
and that's all (which allows a simpler setup overall).