[Xastir] does Xastir work with Rascal interface?

Ronny Julian k4rjj at comcast.net
Thu Mar 17 11:44:47 EST 2005

The soundmodem  driver and multi app interface sounds like the way to go.

Dream shot:
2 laptop portable stations.  Both running Rascal interfaces and some
type of Linux OS.  I don't have a built in CD rom in either laptop but
they do have PCMCIA type 2 ports.  I had though of getting a type 2 CDR
drive for loading OS and maps.  Unless anyone knows a way to map over
ethernet to a desktop box for instalation of  the OS and such?

1 home station on full time running both APRS and some type of I-Gate
software.  I know nothing about the capabilities of an I-Gate but I
don't mind sharing bandwidth if their are some cool apps.

I am definatly going to Linux of some type.   I have tried UI-View and
WinAPRS and I am not impressed with either.  The AGW interface is stable
but I can't seem to make either of the APRS programs to work all the time.