[Xastir] does Xastir work with -- external USB soundcard?

Bill Vodall wa7nwp at jnos.org
Thu Mar 17 13:46:19 EST 2005

> > The soundmodem  driver and multi app interface sounds like the way to go.
>
> Well, it's one way to go.  If you're running laptops that have sound
> hardware and you wish to use that instead of a TNC.  The sound
> hardware can be used for other things too though, like audio alerts,
> festival speech synthesizer, playing MP3's, etc.  You may not want
> to give up your sound hardware to use just for a TNC.

I've heard that the USB soundcards can work even better then the
built it sound card.   Not only do you get to keep the built in device
for user multi-media use, but the external USB unit is separated significantly
from the RF noise and interferance of the PC.

Anybody know how well these devices are supported under Linux?

Bill