[Xastir] knoppix qemu

Jeremy Utley jerutley at gmail.com
Fri Mar 18 22:26:33 EST 2005

Knoppix is heavily bloated.  The idea I have is a minimal system -
something that would work pretty well on an older computer as well as
on a state of the art system.  Initially, I plan to set up a very
basic linux system (utilizing LFS), add on X, probably fluxbox as the
window manager, and Xastir (with nearly full library support - leave
out gpsman/gpsmanshp/festival).  Kernel AX.25 support will not be
supported, but I will probably put the soundmodem software on there.
I'll probably eventually figure out a way for the user to save his
Xastir settings (floppy or USB keychain device seems ideal for this).

Should be a fun project, and if I get it right, could be very useful
for demos, or situations where you might want Xastir, without going
thru all the effort of an install.

Jeremy, NW7JU