[Xastir] dbfawk files on OSX

Tom Russo russo at bogodyn.org
Sun Mar 20 08:10:10 EST 2005

On Sat, Mar 19, 2005 at 11:52:40PM -0500, we recorded a bogon-computron collision of the <va2ksh at rac.ca> flavor, containing:
> Thanks to Jason and Tom for the suggestions.
>
> Apologies for the posting earlier; the dbfinfo field was set correctly;
> I goofed up the copy/paste in my message from my xterm into my mail
> program.
>
> To remove any issues with the Zone.* I modified the dbfawk as follows:
>
> -- start of file --
> BEGIN {
> dbfinfo="NOMGEO:CLEBDTC:GENERIQUE:CONCIS:LATITUDE:LONGITUDE:REFERENCE:
> NUMEROSNRC:NOMREG";
> dbffields="NOMGEO:CONCIS"}
>
> BEGIN_RECORD {name=""; label_color=12;label_level=56; display_level=96;
> level=56; }
>
> /^NOMGEO=(.*)$/ {name="$1"}
> END_RECORD {}
> END {}
> -- end of file --
>
> So instead of checking for the Zone.* data like before, I set in the
> begin_record label_color to 12, which is supposed to be red according
> to Tom's site and there's no changing that value for any reason in the
> awk file.  Well, on my copy of Xastir, the labels are black.

Ok, that narrows it down a lot.

Please try running "testawk" (it's created in the src directory when you build
xastir, but not installed into /usr/local/bin when you type "make install").

   testawk -D <directory containing your dbfawk file> -d <your dbf file>

Testawk should tell you that the dbf signature in the dbfawk file matches
your dbf file, and should show what dbfawk is doing for each record in the
dbf file.

If testawk shows that your dbfawk file is doing the right thing to each record
then you can move on to figuring out why xastir isn't changing the colors of
the labels.  Try running xastir with debug level 16 and displaying just your
one map (if you display more than that there's too much output).  You should
see output that says "dbfawk parse of structure" followed by a bunch of
variable assignments.  If the label_color variable is *still* correct, but the
display shows black labels, then I dunno what's up --- I use label_color
to set label colors all the time and at least in my cases the thing works.
We'll have to dig deeper if you get to this point and still can't get the
color working.

Tijeras, NM  QRPL#1592 K2#398  SOC#236 AHTB#1
 "The only thing you can do easily is be wrong, and that's hardly
  worth the effort." -- Norton Juster