[Xastir] Draw on maps ?

Curt, WE7U archer at eskimo.com
Tue Mar 22 11:52:56 EST 2005

On Mon, 21 Mar 2005, Tapio Sokura wrote:

> Curt Mills wrote:
> > You have to have the "third" mouse button enabled, which on a
> > two-button mouse means pushing down on both buttons.  You then click
> > the third button (or both buttons at once) at each vertice.  For the
>
> A-ha! So that's why my drawing attempts failed miserably when I tried it
> some time ago. Well better later than never, as they say. But the reason
> for this posting: How difficult is it to change the CAD object colors?

It is currently hard-coded in.  No way to change it other than
tweaking the code and re-compiling.

> The default seems to depend on the background, but it is not that good
> in all circumstances. I have some maps that cause the object lines to
> disapper quite well into the background. Maybe some kind of a
> right-click-on-object menu, where you could select a color (including
> the current background-dependant color) and maybe some other attributes
> as well. Also it would be nice to be able to attach notepad-style text
> to a CAD object.

The current default color is not a color at all, but a bit-blit
operation.  main.c:Draw_All_CAD_Objects():

        (void)XSetFunction (XtDisplay (da),
            gc_tint,
            GXxor);

One developer (besides myself) was interested in extending the
drawing capability.  I hope to get back to that, but I haven't been
able to for a while.  Agreed on the text notes, that's definitely
one thing that'd be useful in a SAR mission.