[Xastir] Shapefile 1.2.10 install

Dan Brown brown at brauhaus.org
Tue Mar 29 10:22:57 EST 2005

On Mon, 28 Mar 2005, Bennett, Joe wrote:

> Anyone have some suggestions on how to install
> Shapefile 1.2.10? I downloaded the tarball and
> extracted it. The README file is this:

> I typed "make" and went with the defaults. It seems to
> compile in the original directory. Now, how do I get
> Xastir to find it????

FWIW...

which may not be much,

Here's a script I wrote to get, compile and install shapelib, which,
if I'm remembering correctly, works on linux, cygwin and macos:

http://brauhaus.org/xastir/get_shapelib.sh
http://brauhaus.org/xastir/get_shapelib.sh.gz

On cygwin, it edits the makefile for you to avoid a couple items
noted in the readme's which cause shapelib to not install, out of
the box.

--
Dan Brown
brown at brauhausdc.org